Join us for week 1
Week 1: Writing - Doing it for fun, profit or other?
Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2018 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.
All authors with blogs are welcome to participate. It's very simple!
- Sign up in the comments below to commit to the challenge. You will be "buddied" up with another author for support.
- Copy the badge onto your blog's sidebar. Share it on your social media networks. Be sure to link it back to this page.
- Write your weekly blog post based on the given prompt. Use #MFRWauthor in your title, and be original - don't use "week 2 of 52-week challenge" because that is not unique and won't drive readers to your post.
- Make it easier for other bloggers to share your post by writing your blog title in third person or adding your name versus using "I", "me," "my" or "mine." (e.g., Instead of putting "What I learned from my worst review," say something like "What one snarky romance writer learned from her worst review."
- Return to the MFRW Marketing Blog weekly to add your blog post to the linky list. This will be available each Tuesday for that week's posts. When adding your link, use the post's direct link - not your blog home page.
Hello I am signing up Holly Bargo and Marilyn L. Hart for the 52 Week ChallengeReplyDelete
Holly Bargo - HenHousePublishing@gmail.com
Marilyn L. Hart - Contact@MarilynLHart.com
Thank you, Dee
Personalized Marketing Inc
Thank you, Dee. Go ahead and add the links to their posts to the linky list once you have them ready. Sign-up is due by the 3rd, but you can sign them up as late as the 4th if you need to.ReplyDelete
Hi. Is there a way I can fix the link I added to the linky list? Because of the date discrepancy in my post, it says my post doesn't exist but I did post. :-) Sorry about that.ReplyDelete
No problem, Stephanie. Several blogs have this issue and I fix them when I go through to check the lists, though I sometimes don't get to them until later on Fridays. However, if you leave me a message under the comments (like you did) or e-mail me at krblake at kathrynrblake dot com, I'll make the change as soon as I see your message.Delete
Great! No rush. I just didn't want anyone to think that I signed up and didn't post. Thanks so much!Delete
Oops! Drank too much coffee and signed up before I wrote my week one post. Please advise. Thanks much.ReplyDelete
The post is up now. I'll read directions more carefully in the future.Delete
Rhonda - I don't see your link on the list, unless it's listed under another name. Authors have until midnight Saturday to add their links, so you're good in that respect. Links should be live by Friday - midnight is best but at least by nine A.M. Let me know if you have any questions.Delete
I coded my post for April instead of January and forgot to add the links, but it's updated now. Thank you for not removing me.ReplyDelete
I'm looking to get back to blogging and believe this challenge would help in that endeavor.ReplyDelete